Virtual Home Buying

HOW DO i IMPLEMENT VIRTUAL HOME BUYING DURING COVID-19?


The fact of the matter is, COVID-19 has changed the landscape for real estate. Whether it is short term or not, is up for debate. As Charles Darwin once said, "It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change." So I took Mr. Darwin's advise and adapted. 






Virtual Buyer Consultation


I schedule a virtual appointment to meet with clients via video conference (Zoom) to assess their wants and needs and most importantly, their whys (Believe me when I say, most buyers will buy on their whys but that's for another blog.) It is important that I take the time to understand what is important to my clients in a home and create a plan to reach your goal. Do not and I mean DO NOT work with an agent who couldn't be bothered to sit with you for a few minutes to ask the necessary questions.

Home Selection


When it comes to selecting properties, I do set up my clients with a custom home search that is tailored to their specific criteria that you can view and engage with online. You can like, comment or make a specific property your favorite and it will send me notifications. It's like a project and you are the boss. 

Virtual Tours


If you prefer to stay at home as much as possible, no problem. I can set up a video conference so you can tour the property virtually from the comfort of your own home. I get it! You don't want to buy the biggest investment you'll probably ever make in your entire life without looking at it. With virtual tours, you can see if you like the house, ask questions and see if it's worth touring in person.

Digital Signatures 


I love, love, love, love, love, love DocuSign. Nope, this is not a paid advertising by them. It just so happen that it is user friendly. I will explain the documents that you will be signing via video conference or phone call to make sure I answer any questions or concerns you may have before sending it via DocuSign to be electronically signed. No contact. Isn't that nice?

Earnest Money Deposit


Even before this pandemic happened, escrow usually will send wiring instruction via a secured email. You can then send your deposit electronically yourself or with the help of your bank. Either way, you don't have leave your home and you do not have to have physical contact with anybody. 

Home Inspection


First off, I always attend home inspection so if you do not want to be there, no problem. We can arrange for a video conference so the home inspector can go over the report with you and answer any questions and concerns you may have. The home inspector will then send you a detailed report with photos and descriptions. As for me, I take videos of the actual home inspection that I upload online. I can then send you the link so you can review further. Don't worry, home inspectors are actually using hand sanitizers, booties, gloves and mask to protect everybody and I will be at least 6 feet away from him (or her) at all times. Make that 7 feet away from him. 

Loan and Appraisal


Because banks and loan servicers are considered essential business, they can continue processing loans and do appraisals. Everything is done electronically mostly nowadays anyway so they're not doing anything they haven't been doing for a while now. Appraiser will send you the report via email and no physical contact needed. I don't have to be there. You don't have to be there. They're third party, neutral entity so they're going to do their job with integrity.

Loan Docs Signing

Notaries have process in place to limit physical contact if possible. Unfortunately, due to the significance of this transaction and the amount of money involved, they need to verify your identity and confirm that you understood and agree with the terms of the contract. Yes, this time, you will be in front of them but they can come to your house if that works better for you too. 

Final Walk-Through


As your agent, I can do a video conference to confirm that the agreed upon repairs are done and that the house is essentially in the same condition as the day you made an offer on it. I can also record a thorough video walk-through if you prefer it. 

Closing Time


I will transfer keys in the safest way possible and provide keys to your new home. I promise to take pictures and videos from afar. 

You can be rest assured that I do have your best interest at heart and your health and safety is my top priority. Now, the question is when are you ready to own your dream home?


WELCOME HOME!



If you or someone you know is looking to own, sell or invest in real estate in Canyon Lake, CA and the surrounding cities, I'd love to help! 


Angela Carpio, Realtor

6192285034

AngelaCarpioRealtor@gmail.com

http://www.angelacarpiorealtor.com/

#angelacarpiorealtor




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is The COVID-19 Disclosure Form For Visitors?

Reasons to Purchase A New Construction Home

4 Financial Steps To Take Before Buying A Home